This Green Nutrient smoothie additive provides a highly bioavailable source of vitamins and minerals. It is designed to support the body’s nutritional needs through the cleansing and rebuilding processes. Here are some of the benefits that this recipe offers when used on a daily basis:
- Supports the rebuilding of adrenal glands, provides natural energy without sugar or caffeine.
- Helps balance blood sugar, whether it is high or low.
- Use it daily as a meal replacement to assist with weight loss.
- Good for anemia, builds blood and raises the blood counts.
- Supplies balanced nutrition to help children get off ADD drugs such as Ritalin, especially when accompanied by a “no added sugar” diet.
- Good for mothers during pregnancy and lactation, as a replacement for synthetic vitamins; for children, and for the elderly.
- Green Nutrient supplies highly digestible vitamins and minerals that can eliminate food cravings.
- Supports liver and gall bladder cleansing and rebuilding, metabolism cleansing, blood cleansing, brain health and cognition, glandular and cellular health.
- Contraindications: This formula is high in potassium. Don’t take it if you have renal failure, are on dialysis, or are on a low potassium diet.
Green Nutrient Recipe
- Spirulina 1 T
- Chlorella broken cell algae (I prefer Blue Magic) 1 T
- Nettle leaf, dried 3 T
- Purple dulse seaweed (or Kelp) 2 t
- Wheat grass powder 3 T
- Alfalfa 1 T
- Barley Grass 1 T
- Astragalus root powder 1 t
- Rose hips dried 2 T
- Orange peel and lemon peel 1 t each or 2 t of either one
- Beet root powder 2 t
- Non-active fortified nutritional yeast 2 T
- Lemon essential oil 2 drops
- Put all powders in a bowl. Place the rest of the ingredients in Vita-mix or a high speed blender, and blend on high until it turns into powder. Then mix the two together with a spoon.
- Dose: 1 t Green Nutrient powder in a smoothie or juice, once a day. For weight loss support, use it up to twice daily.
Herbal Remedies for Hernia
There are several types of hernias, and not all of them are conducive to healing with natural remedies. Hernias can be serious and should be examined by a health professional.
Inguinal hernias (groin area), umbilical hernias (near the naval), and incisional hernias (following surgery) are the most likely to improve or heal with herbal remedies. Other types may improve, but should be evaluated before beginning an herbal treatment.
This is a three part method that will support hernia recovery in 3 different ways. It begins with taking an internal herbal remedy formula.
Internal Formula–Herbal Remedies for Hernia
These herbal remedies for hernia are derived from traditional Chinese formulas used for centuries to heal hernias and other abdominal issues. I have offered here 2 different choices, for those who may have a challenge locating some of the herbs. Both of these formulas are effective.
Hernia Formula One
Hawthorn berry-2 parts (Chinese hawthorn berry)
Fennel seed-1/2 part
Grapefruit seed-1/2 part
Litchi seed-1/2 part
Mix the herbs together in a blender or Vita-mix. Mix on high until a coarse powder is formed. Put the powder into size 00 capsules, and take 1 to 2 capsules 2 times daily.
Alternatively, the powder can be made into a tea. Use 1 teaspoon of ground herbs in 2 cups of water. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes and strain. Sweeten with honey or stevia if desired. Drink 1 cup daily.
Or, use the following formula instead.
Hernia Formula Two
Hawthorn berry–2 parts
Dioscorea (wild yam)–1 part
Marshmallow root–1 part
Ginger root–1/2 part
Licorice root–1/2 part
Use the same methods as described above. You may use it as a tea or in capsules.
Plan on taking your herbal formula consistently for at least 3 months. Herbs often take weeks to show results, as they rebuild organs and tissues on a slow, gradual basis. It is necessary to use them every day to get the desired results.
To support your recovery, you will also benefit from applying a poultice to the local area where the hernia is located.
Comfrey powder (or crushed leaf)–6 parts
Colloidal silver–1 part
Terebinthine pine essential oil–several drops
Cypress essential oil–several drops
Costus root essential oil–several drops
Distilled water–as needed
Combine all ingredients. Add only as much distilled water as necessary to moisten all of the ingredients and help them stick together. Apply enough of the poultice to lightly cover the hernia area. If possible, wrap it with saran wrap to hold it against the skin without drying it out. Leave it on for a few hours, or overnight if possible.
Apply it every day for the best results.
The final piece of the puzzle for healing hernias, involves exercise. It is important to exercise very consciously–being certain to do no harm! Targeted gentle exercises to strengthen core muscles can be found on you tube. Always begin gently with just a few repetitions, and never continue if there is pain with any exercise.
These dietary changes can also help support hernia recovery. Eat plain, unsweetened yogurt with live cultures (not the sweetened dessert kind), several tablespoons daily. My favorite brand to recommend is Mountain High, but the best is the one you make yourself with un-homogenized cow or goat milk. One tablespoon of home made yogurt contains more live probiotic cultures than a whole bottle of encapsulated probiotics!
Also eat smaller meals more often throughout the day. Avoid having any bloating or acid reflux, or even indigestion, by taking Ginger Drops remedy or Herbal Digestive Bitters as soon as any of these symptoms appear.
Nothing beats dried nettles herb for regenerating the body. It is a tonic herb, safe and effective for supporting recovery from fatigue, hormonal imbalances, blood sugar imbalance, and many other conditions.
Nettles Physical Properties
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Nettles herbal tea has shown promise in treating Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, and asthma. It is helpful for bladder infections, bronchitis, bursitis, gingivitis, and gout. It helps hives, kidney stones, and laryngitis. It is also a helpful herb for relieving body pain.
It has been used in treating multiple sclerosis, PMS, prostate enlargement, sciatica, and tendinitis. It is strengthening to the lungs and respiratory system, and can help reduce allergies. It is a known liver regenerator and endocrine tonic.
In Germany, nettles is sold as an herbal drug for prostate diseases.
The tea can also help to lessen the swelling of hemorrhoids (used topically). It has been used to stop bleeding from minor injuries. It is an astringent which shrinks and tightens the skin and mucous membranes. It may also be used topically for dandruff and oily hair and scalp.
One of my personal favorite uses for nettles, is as an herbal allergy treatment. Many people in our locality suffer from allergies in the spring and summer months. The symptoms of this allergy include runny nose, respiratory congestion, and sneezing.
Drinking a tea of dried nettles every morning, beginning in late winter before plants begin to leaf out, will eliminate these symptoms for many people, and greatly reduce them for others. If you suffer from seasonal allergies, it is really worth your time and effort to give nettles a try.
- May not be suitable during pregnancy and lactation, or for children under 6. Consult your health care practitioner for use in these situations.
- No known interactions with drugs and pharmaceutical medications.
- Nettles is considered to be generally recognized as safe at normal dosages.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.
More about our disclaimer.