More About Our Marigold CO2 Extract
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle
Distillation: CO2 total extraction (unfiltered)
Botanical name: Calendula officianalis
Note: This extract has very thick texture and a deep color characteristic of CO2 total extracts
Homeopathic Properties of Marigold CO2 Extract
External–topical application, skin and wound application, local compress, spinal compress, points & energy centers
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Marigold CO2 extract has cleansing and antiseptic properties. It is possibly the oldest plant on record as a medicinal herb, with use dating back thousands of years to ancient Egypt. It was used for soothing and healing skin wounds, and also as a remedy for digestive disorders.
It is a great oil for use with children as it can be applied to cuts, scrapes, and burns with amazing results. It relieves pain and swelling, and begins to heal tissue immediately.
It speeds healing of wounds, and works equally well on internal tissues. It makes a great addition to salves and balms, and is a key ingredient in boluses for vaginal or rectal use. It is soothing and healing to mucus membranes and the inside of the digestive tract.
Marigold has an amazing affinity for healing the mouth and gums. Several practitioners and individuals have reported to us that it has reduced dental gum “pockets”, healed loose teeth, and helped smoker’s gum infections.
It can be diluted in an oil carrier, swabbed on the area of concern, and allowed to sit.
Finally, spit it out and follow with a tablespoon of cold-pressed sunflower or coconut oil, swished vigorously for several minutes. This should be spit out after 5 minutes or so.
This technique, called “oil pulling”, can help all kinds of tooth and gum issues when used daily.
Marigold Co2 extract does have a somewhat bitter flavor, but is not too difficult for most people–and works very well to heal gum issues.
- Generally recognized as safe in normal dosage.
- Marigold used as a mouth rinse will cause yellowing of teeth over time. This can be mitigated with baking soda or Pascalite based tooth cleaners.
- Do not use with infants or small children unless recommended by a health care professional.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.